Do you remember the old times where you came home from the school, turn your video game on and play lots of great, pixelated beatiful and awesome games? Do you remember the musics? Those damn sticky tunes! But how beatiful and captivating they were!
is a video game music quiz: you listen to a music and writes the name of the game it belongs. You can choose the easy or hard mode. On hard, you need to write the entire game name. On easy, just the main title. If you are almost remembering the game name, hold CTRL and you will see a hint, but be careful: if you see a card’s hint, you will score only 80% of that card! Try to end the game without any hint to be the Supreme Classic Gamer!
Challenge yourself to remember which game the music you are listening on GamePops belong to! You have to remember the game name with just about 20 seconds of each music. Easy? I dare you find all the games!
- For the first time, GamePops let you choose the game difficulty: hard for the ones who accepted the challenge to the limit and easy for the ones who don’t want to push itself too much.
- 64 new tunes that will make you remember all the good times you spent with those great games!
- Achievements! Yes! Now you can hunt achievements while playing GamePops. There is 17 achievements to unlock. Try to unlock them all!
- Scoreboards! Now you can compare your progress with your friends and people from around the world too. Try to be the GamePops Master and make the maximum score!
- When you select a card, you see the consoles that the game was released and the year of the first release.
- Several refinements that make the game more enjoyable.
GamePops Classics is about great games released between 1981 and 1999 that make their good times on consoles like Atari (2600, Lynx, ST, etc), MSX, Amiga, Master System, NES, Genesis, Super NES, Saturn, PSOne, 3DO and Home Computer (PC and Mac). If you played games at that time, you will love this game!
If you label yourself as a Classic Gamer you must pass through the Ultimate Music Challenge: the GamePops Classics! Win all the achievements and be on the top of the scoreboard!
If you like this game, you may like the Original and the Sega Generation Version too.
Disclaimer: This game is a tribute to all video game developers, specially the music designers. The intention of this game is to bring memories to gamers and make them remember good games that made their childhood. All the credits for the musics on this game are inside the “Credits” screen. I couldn’t find some of the credits, but if you know and it’s missing, please let me know. If you have the rights of some musics inside the GamePops and you don’t want they appears on the game, please send me a message on the “Contact” page and I’ll remove them as soon as possible.
With more people playing the game, I realize that it’s harder than I thought and several requests were made to publish the answers.
Keep in m that this will spoil the game for you. Read them after you try to remember the game to keep it fun.
Well, without further ado, here are the answers to GamePops: Classics:
- Samurai Shodown
- Samurai Spirits
- Klonoa: Door to Phantomile
- Crash Team Racing
- Crash Bandicoot Racing
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Ghouls and Ghosts
- Ghosts and Goblins
- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
- Darkstalkers: The Night Warriors
- Maui Mallard in Cold Shadow
- Donald in Maui Mallard
- Donald Starring in Cold Shadow
- Metal Slug Super Vehicle 001
- The Secret of Monkey Island
- Twinsen’s Odyssey
- Little Big Adventure 2
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4 Turtles in Time
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
- The Magical Quest Starring Mickey Mouse
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver